[ turns out that the new version of iPhoto isn't compatible for some reason ] so that idea got scrapped. Luckily Justin figured it all out and got me working with Picasa so I'm good to go now [ and therefore don't have any more excuses to not post more consistently... ].
Anyway, the subject of Wednesday's post was going to be my love for our town's farmers market. I don't know what it is about going to a farmers market, but being able to chat with the farmers themselves and support locally and get Michigan products feels so wonderful. Not to mention it's now officially summer and all the good stuff comes out!
|Shoved one in Justin's mouth..."This is how strawberries should taste!"|
|Ahhhh dried kiwi!! The best...|
|basil to make homemade pesto|
Aaaaand now it's Friday [ sorry...couldn't resist... ] so all this old news...
BUT that means that it's Justin's birthday! So, in honor of his big two six, I've decided to make a list of 26 things I love about my man [ in no particular order, mind you ] :
26) His sheer intelligence that amazes me every day...seriously - he's pretty much the smartest person I know
25) His wavy hair
24) His tall stature
23) How he always manages to find the positive in any negative situation [ he's got this whole chasing peonies thing down pat ]
22) The way he smiles at me when he's feeling all lovey dovey
21) The fact that his teeth are too small to bite into carrots properly
20) How he can just pick up on anything so fast [ a man of all trades, let me tell ya ]
19) The fact that he catches all the spiders and other strange nasty bugs we find in our house
18) How great of a "dad" he is to our pupper dog
17) That he carries me to bed when I've fallen asleep on our couch
16) His dedication to anything he sets his mind to
15) How he says "thank you" to me every day for doing things for him
14) How he says "I love you" to me every day
13) That his pet peeves are often right in line with my pet peeves [ grammar, specifically ]
12) How he'll hold my hand whenever, wherever
11) His big hugs
10) That he cleans up the dog's vomit so I don't have to...
9) His constant flow of encouraging words that come just naturally to him
8) His patience and understanding
7) How he genuinely cares and has compassion for others
6) His linguistic abilities
5) His easygoing nature
4) How every day at some point he literally has me on the floor laughing so hard that my abdominal muscles ache
3) How great of a leader he is for us
2) The love he shows his friends and family
1) How he is truly a man of God
So, if you see him at some point [ or want to stop by here and say hi ], make sure to wish him the happiest of birthdays!!!
|Happy Birthday, Pook! You're the best!!!|